Building Address: 260 Beaver Dam Road
Section / Block / Lot:
Surveyor’s Name: Jayme Breschard
Survey Date: June 1, 2004
Building Type: residence
Owner’s Name: Saint James Episcopal Church
Date of Construction: ca. 1930
Building Dimensions: 29’ x 52’
No. of Floors: 2
Decorative Features: vertical plank shutters, gable louvers, and boxed eaves
Siding Material(s): painted wood shingle, sawed, coursed
Roof Style: side-gabled roof
Roofing Material(s): asphalt shingle, plain
Foundation: The central unit has a poured concrete foundation. The screened porch addition, on the north façade, has wooden piers.
Window Style(s): one-over-one double-hung sash and six-over-six double-hung sash windows
No. of Entrances and Placement: There is one entrance on the north façade (screened porch), another on the west elevation, and two shed-roofed entrances with a closed rail on the south elevation.
Chimneys and Placement: exterior rear (south) end-wall chimney composed of concrete block
Architectural Integrity: Screened and enclosed porch additions on the façade (north) and west elevation, respectively.
Architectural Style: Suburban Cottage
Side-gabled outbuilding with concrete foundation located in the rear (south) lot with wood shingles covering the west façade and flush board siding on the other three elevations. The roof is asphalt shingle, set in a plain fashion. The door on the façade is half-glazed with plain trim.
According to current resident, Saint James Episcopal Church acquired the building and property ca. 1960. Before this time, the building was privately owned.
Gottfried, Herbert and Jan Jennings. American Vernacular Design, 1870-1940. New York: Van Norstrand Reinhold, 1985.